Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My mom!!

The past two days have been really tiring for me since I was down with fever and was feeling sick to the stomach. Went back home after staying for just an hour in office and slept all day and all night getting up only to eat something. Was completely taken care of and did absolutely nothing really, and all this only because I am blessed with the kind of mother I have. The only thing I actually did in the past two days was ask for stuff and I got it handed to me at the craziest hour of the day or night and thinking about it that has been pretty much how I have been brought up all through my life. At just two years less than thirty I still have the luxury of not doing anything except going to work daily and back home. That's just about what I do in terms of work.

I have always completely admired my mom and thought she is this super woman who can do anything for us (my sisters and I). There are so many times when I cannot get to terms with the fact that she is growing old and may not have the kind of energy and stamina as she did when we were kids if you will. I still get upset about the last minute things I cannot find and she finds them for me, inspite of being clueless about where I may have kept them; my casual appreciation about some kind of food gets my mom to make that for me just the following weekend; she accompanies me to the craziest of movies just because I want to see it and she does everything for me even if she is really unwell or feeling tired. In all my life I can count the number of times she has really been upset about her children not helping her and now when I think of it, those were only the times when she was not able to do things for us the way she meant to.

She is one person who will never feel burdened by our demands and always feels she can do better for her kids. A little appreciation from any one of us about things she does for us, which we give her rarely makes her day and appreciation from others about her kids is something that increases her confidence and keeps her going. One may think that a mom's job is really easy since it just takes bringing up kids and taking care of the family, but maybe not. Thirty years down the line I am not sure if I will have the stamina and will to work as hard as she does, constantly, day in and day out, since mom's don't get a vacation really.

She is just one woman who is so special and can never get a replacement, no matter what, and I pray that she is with me forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom's the greatest woman I have know too... guess she loves me more than she loves u :p kidding...